Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register

Well team, I tried really hard, but I'm done with Encore. Back to other MX games. :(

I've spent a ton of money on Supercross and Supercross Encore. I've supported in every way. I've done everything I can do to try to really enjoy the game. I've not used the clutch at all so as to try to slow the game down some. I've only done the pull back preload, not the push up part to try to alleviate the ridiculous jumping 5 and 6 sections at a time. Despite some really nice work by Mike on the replica tracks I've so desperately wanted, it just isn't enjoyable to me. It hasn't been for a long time. The track scale is too big, the game speed is too fast, the clutch too powerful, you can quad and jump 5 to 6 obstacles at a time too often, the push up pre-load is just arcade mess too much like Unleashed from 13 years ago and the AI is atrocious. It's just a hot arcade mess. I'm cool with a simcade approach like games like NBA2K or your older games like Reflex and Alive but this one has just strayed too far from it's source material.

It bums me out. Despite some abysmal tracks, in my opinion, Alive had most everything going in the right direction with proper scale, pretty reaistic speeds and clutch, a great pre-load and seat bounce feature and the brilliant, near perfect JS7 Compound. I was so bummed when the game folded and no one was happier to have Rainbow back than me. Heck, I even sent Reinhard a few of the team members emails , with their permission, to get him in touch with them and reform the group. But to throw away all that was good in Alive and go back to way too much Unleashed stuff, only way faster...well, it's just not for me.

I've supported, bought multiple versions, all the DLC and done my part. But I'm not happy. I hope my loyalty, dollar wise, will be rewarded next game with a much more realistic version. I do thank the team for finally getting replicas. That was huge. But in the end it's not enough to help me enjoy this game. It's just not realistic, not authentic and not fun. It bums me out but it is what it is. For now I'll go back to playing the Alive JS7 tracks I love and a couple others on that game, the Reflex ones I like (though I honestly like the Alive engine/code/scale much better) and the competition's games as well as a couple of very nice, well made games from the early 2000s.

In addition to not having fun with Supercross/Encore I also am just disappointed by the lack of communication from the team. I understand that you want to support and promote your current game but the team seems like they are in denial. They love Encore and thus that's all that matters. Despite what the majority of their customers say they pretty much reply if it's positive and ignore if it's negative, which most of it is, btw. I know the Reflex code is gone. But the Alive code was with you guys and you completely changed it to something that just isn't that good. I do think some small changes could make it so much better but when I or others take our time to constructively criticize the game and ways to help improve the game we basically get radio silence. That is no way to treat loyal fans. And also no way to improve your game.

I like everyone on the team and they work hard and are a super small team, I know. But the game has took several steps back. Several. If they would have just left it as it was and built the SX tracks we wanted from Alive or better yet the replicas we would have been happy. Instead the time and work (by the super small team) was put into to overhauling nearly everything in a bad way. And other than the replica tracks, nothing is improved over Reflex or Alive. Nothing. Again, my opinion but also the opinion of I would say 90% of your fans on FB, Twitter, Youtube and here.

I'm just disappointed. Hope things get better. Hope someone just starts a conversation with me. I get tired of really trying to write thoughtful, polite posts to try to express what I and what nearly all your fans want only to get radio silence or a canned thanks for the support reply. I'm hoping there are major changes in store. But this time for the good. Until it does I'll just play Alive, Reflex, MXGP 2 (and 3) and old games like Superfly and EA Supercross.
    Last edited by flatout111; 04-16-2017 at 07:30 AM.